What we are doing is reinventing education. This is not and never was a 7:30 to 3:00 endeavor."
ONLINE/HYBRID 2021 (YEAR ONE) PRINCIPLES OF ART, MEDIA & COMMUNICATIONS
1. Who are you ? Students createdPersonal Collages using Google Slides.
Google Slide functions and options. In addition to learning basic functions of Google Classroom and Google Slides, students were introduced to photo resource websites.
2. Hands down . . . generating ideas is best on paper.
The best ideas begin with simple tools like pencil, paper, pen, and other art tools.
3. Photo Transformation....let's learn the adjustments.
Ps - Students are introduced to Photoshop virtually using a system called Remote PC. This first assignment takes things slow as students adjust to the Remote PC system and begin to learn the Photoshop Interface. For this assignment, students learn about and experiment with adjustments which include brightness/contrast, levels, curves, exposure, vibrance, hue/saturation, color balance, black & white, photo filters, channel mixer, color lookup, invert, posterize, threshold adjustment, selective color, and gradient maps. Every student started with the same photo but ended with something one of a kind.
4. Tis the season . . . winter photo makeovers.
Ps - Practice with adjustments to transform or improve the look of winter photos taken on our first snow day of the year.
5. One beautiful landscape . . . eight amazing views.
Ps - Create New: paste embed, scale, transform, copy, paste, flip horizontal, crop, layer, new adjustment layers: brightness/contrast, levels, curves, exposure, vibrance, hue/saturation, color balance, black & white, photo filters, channel mixer, color lookup, invert, posterize, threshold adjustment, selective color, and gradient maps.
6. More Photo Transforms
7. Two Together . . . finding that perfect World!
Ps - Select Subject, New Adjustment Layers, Editing & Blending Modes
8. Merging ideas and images to a place Beyond Collage.
Ps - Select Subject and Masking, New Adjustment Layers, Editing, Blending Modes, Opacity, Eraser Tool, Multiple Images.
9. Artistic filtering . . . taking ordinary to extraordinary!
Ps - Flatten Image, Filter Gallery: Artistic, Brush Strokes, Distort, Sketch, Stylize and Texture
10. The Word is out . . . put on your Masks! (It's not what you think.)